[viff-devel] Homomorphic encryption

Marc Makkes mmakkes at science.uva.nl
Fri Jul 10 01:18:17 PDT 2009

Hi Janus,

I think that I'd have reached the stage where you can test my code, but
still lacks some basic checks and is still prone to timing attacks and
is basically the same viffs current implementation, with some additional
speedups. So consequently, it code should only be used for testing purposes
only.

I'm achieving the following speeds on my atom N270 ( 1.6Ghz ) testing
with key sizes of 2048 bit.

Viff code:
----------
Encrypting:
10 loops, best of 3: 4.42 sec per loop
Decrypting:
10 loops, best of 3: 925 msec per loop

My code:
--------
Encrypting:
10 loops, best of 3: 496 msec per loop
Decrypting:
10 loops, best of 3: 143 msec per loop

For encrypting its almost a 9 fold speedup and for decrypting 6.5 times
with respect to the current implementation.

In the tar ball you find the small makefile as well as a test.py file.
It shows the basic use of all functions. If you have any comments, issues
or questions please let me know.

Happy testing,

-Marc